Scholarships and Awards
Scholarships, Bursaries, Awards, & Student Loans
Scholarships, bursaries, awards, and student loans are excellent ways to help finance a student’s post-secondary education. Delta students have the opportunity to apply for provincial and community scholarships. Student loans help make post-secondary education a more affordable option for all students in BC. Students are encouraged to visit their Career & Post-Secondary Advisor in their school’s Career Centre for information and assistance. In addition, there are many excellent websites with further information, including employer incentives to assist in hiring youth and apprentices.
- BC Excellence Scholarships (new)
- BC Achievement Scholarships (new)
- District/Authority Scholarships
- Graduation Program Examinations Scholarships (ends 15/16)
- Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship (new)
- Passport to Education (ended 14/15)
- SSA Award
- Employment Insurance
- Canada Apprentice Loan
- Red Seal Incentive & Completion Grant
- Apprenticeship Tax Credits
- Wage Subsidy Work Experience Program
- Skilled Trades Employment Program (STEP)
Other Scholarships & Awards:
There are many scholarship & award websites. Visit your school’s Career Centre for more options. Below is a list of some of the main websites to explore.
- First Nations Student Scholarship Websites:
School based scholarships:
- See your individual school’s Career & Post-Secondary Advisor for details
Student Loans & Grants:
Note that the above is subject to change and is provided as a guide only.